Thursday, September 28, 2006

Mandy and Mark Stenberg



The Stenberg wedding was lots of fun and extremely busy. Not only did I do all of the florals and decorations for the wedding, but I also had the priviledge of acting as the maid of honor, seeing as Mandy is my big sister.

The wedding took place in Ames, Iowa, and Mary Kay's Flowers opened their doors and sweet hearts to let me come in and work out of their shop. The owner, Melanie, was more than gracious and welcoming. I also would like to thank Mandy's sweet friend Becky. She not only provided a home for the bride before the wedding, she also ventured into a gracious neighbors yard and harvested over 50 stems of beautiful Viburnum. I was spoiled by the generosity of God's nature in Iowa.

Mandy and Mark are lots of fun and we wanted to express that in the colors and flowers that we chose. The Bridal bouquet came together with Freedom and Tamango Roses, Viburnum, green Hypericum Berry, chocolate cosmos and smoke bush for accents, and an assorment of spray roses in deep tones of orange and red. The Bridesmaids each carried a composite of one of the flowers we used in Mandy's bouquet, and the Groom and Groomsmen wore chocolate cosmos finished with a chocolate ribbon.




I hope you enjoy the photos taken by Kris Gardner.